Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
Up to US$16000.00 per month + Flights + Accomodation
over 3 years ago
Plans, directs and coordinates the Drilling activities including reviewing, studying and approving drilling operational/engineering processes and reports. Supervises the planning and execution of the company's drilling operations and well completion. Manages and coordinates the preparation of the drilling budget, controls expenditure and justifies variances.
- Plans and works closely with the Drilling team in Kurdistan to manage drilling, well completion and workover operations and ensures that all operations have been thoroughly researched, engineered, programmed and implemented in a safe, efficient manner and in compliance with the prescribed requirements of the subsurface team.
- Directs the preparation of drilling, drilling fluid and cement programmes for drilling workover and exploration operations and the availability of the required materials.
- Keeps abreast of new development in drilling techniques and ensures that subordinates are provided with such information to improve work effectiveness and efficiency.
- Reviews operational and engineering reports prepared by subordinates such as drilling, well completion, workover, flow test, drill stem test and similar technical summary reports. Ensures accurate reporting of all drilling activities.
- Controls expenditure and ensures that the variances between approved budget and actual expenditure are properly justified.
- Provides the technical advice for drilling contractors and consultants and the technical assessment of responses to tenders for drilling services and materials, (ii) Provides advice and recommend solutions for drilling problems of serious nature (e.g. logging failure, work & cement failure ...etc.).
Reporting and Relationships Management
- Frequent contacts with contracting and petroleum service companies for negotiations and supervision of work
- Maintains and exhibits excellent working relationships with all Crescent staff.
- Continuous Improvement of Position
- Stays abreast of current technology in the drilling activities, evaluates activities against pre-established goals, and makes recommendations based on evaluations.
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL, TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS/CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Bachelor's degree in petroleum or Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum Professional Experience Required
- A minimum of 10 - 12 years actual drilling experience
- Special Requirements and Conditions
- Industry training in drilling technology and HSE