US$1500 - US$2500 per day
6 months ago
- Directs, supervises, and controls the activities of assigned personnel in allocating work and determining priorities.
- Performs supervisory functions and exercises financial authority as established by Management.
- Reviews and endorses invoices.
- Ensures that the daily operations on the rig are reported accurately, confirming costs, and discuss completed operations with Supervisor.
- Discusses the operations plan with concerned parties, verifies, and approves the rig requirement for equipment, material, and manpower before raising request form.
- Assigns and directs certain tasks to well engineer for further investigation and ensures receiving feedback.
- Calls for meetings, as necessary, to discuss operations problems/ improvements and communicates results to concerned personnel.
- Reviews data sheets received & modifies work plan to acquire cost effective means.
- Reviews and amends drilling work over and re-entry detailed instructions in consultation with Supervisor.
- Discusses proposals with subordinates and Supervisor and modifies as necessary
- Arranges for the pre-spud meeting on the rig to discuss the Well instructions and highlights important issues.
- Participates in the investigation and reporting of major accidents and high potential incidents and makes necessary recommendations for improvement.
- Ensures strict adherence to Company's safety standards and procedures
- Carries out frequent Group safety meetings self-inspection and self-auditing to ensure plant and equipment are properly maintained.
- Implements and maintains HSE programne,
- Conducts risk assessments and prepares special procedures for non-routine operations and activities.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in petroleum or Mechanical Engineering.
- 15 years' experience in drilling operations of which at least 5 years should have been in a supervisory capacity in onshore exploratory drilling.
- Good knowledge of English language.