16 days ago
Due to some new project win's a Senior Electrical Design Engineer is required in London to work with a multi-disciplinary that work across 4 distinct sectors providing solutions from Design right through to Installation in order to support them during an exciting period of growth. Working predominantly on Power & Tunnel related schemes, the successful Engineer will be primarily responsible for providing complete electrical engineering services which will involve all stages from tendering, design and engineering, FAT attendance, support to installation, testing, commissioning and handover.
- Undertaking electrical engineering and design (up to 11KV level) in line with all current standards.
- Key considerations should be safety, maintainability, ease of installation, design sustainability and environmental impact.
- Undertaking electrical engineering system calculations/modelling with associated electrical software programme with suitable offline checks (e.g., electrical system studies include short circuit, protection coordination study, harmonic analysis, arc flash studies, equipment sizing calculation, cable size calculation, etc.).
- Undertaking electrical design review in line with current standards and to ensure buildability and constructability. Identify any weakness or errors in the design that could jeopardise the functionality. Ensure HSE best practices are always followed.
- Ensure design risk assessment is compliant with installation parameters.
- Provide engineered solutions to key project problems to satisfy clients expectations, project restrictions and budget considerations.
- Management of all associated design registers, meeting minutes, drawing registers etc.as appropriate in line with VVB and project requirements. Ensure all formal communication is undertaken and managed (RFI's, TQ's, EWN's, MAR's etc.)
- Direct liaison with CAD team to ensure correct drawing modelling, to BIM or other standards. Review drawings for clash detection and associated interface problems.
- Development of scope documents for tenders and procurement processes.
- Liaison with manufacturers to determine product suitability, in partnership with procurement. Attendance at FAT and SAT (and any other required stage) to ensure compliance with requirements.
- Direct liaison with installation teams to ensure design suitability, works methodology and solve key installation issues/constructability.
- Working with the commercial department to track design change and variances.
- Working with the planning department to plan design, installation and T&C works. Provision of accurate assessment on forecast works to complete and provide suitable readjustments to ensure project programme is maintained.
- Management of Subcontractor/Sub-consultant's works as appropriate including assisting commercial department in valuation and contract support.
- Ensure design and works comply with VVB and client quality management systems
- Keep up to date with all electrical, construction and relevant legislation, law, standards and best practise.
Technical Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of relevant electrical engineering and installations legislation and standards, BIM and design modelling standards and all other associated standards and legislations.
- Knowledge of engineering and design processes and associated compliance
- Utilisation of Electrical design packages (Amtech/Trimble, Cymap, etc)
- Applying the technical skills required to produce Engineering and Design deliverables for the discipline, including integration with other disciplines and functions, on one project.
- Familiarity with CDM Regulations 2015 together with experience of undertaking a 'Designer' role.
- Familiarity with Electricity at Works Regulations 1989.
- Working experience with AutoCAD / Microstation
- Advanced MS Office skills including Excel
- Utilisation of project planning software (P6 or MS project)
- Sustainability awareness
- Degree in Electrical Engineering (minimum).
- Engineering Council Registration as Incorporated Engineer or qualification leading to this status with preference for Chartered
- Registered member of either IET or CIBSE or other recognised Engineering Council Institutions
- CSCS Card - AQP or PQP min
- Full UK driver license
- Chartership status
- Project management qualification, APM, PRINCE or equivalent (optional)
- HSE training, NEBOSH Construction Certificate
- Minimum 12 years' experience within an Electrical Engineering position
- Previously worked within the infrastructure environment (power utilities, civils etc)
- Previous experience on Low to High Voltage (11kV) Electrical Equipment with UK power utilities and civils projects.
- Previous experience within M&E Engineering and Construction