11 months ago
Senior Electrical Engineer
Our client are currently recruiting for a Senior Electrical Engineer to work on site on a research facility project in Oxford.
Our client is a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation contractor with projects in Ireland, Europe and the UK.
The successful candidate will join an already established team on the all phases from Pre Construction to Handover on this project. The project is an M&E installation and has a project value in excess of £7M million.
Senior Electrical Engineer roles and responsibilities are to:
- Plan the development of the project, with the responsibility of operational engineering issues.
- To prepare reports and front end studies including capital cost estimates, project schedules, material take offs and out to tender schedules.
- To prepare of technical and contract documentation for issue and analysing returned tenders.
- Keeping up to date the delivery schedule to control deliveries
- Seeking to clarify queries with the Design team through the request for information (RFI) system
- Monitor progress against the program and issue progress reports
- Producing look ahead programs to assist production.
- Preparing method statements and risk assessments (with construction team)
- Carrying out Quality Control through inspections and snagging
- Carrying out document control, recording & transmitting information
- Liaising and co-ordinating with clients, other members of the design team and contractors on technical and commercial issues.
Senior Electrical Engineer will have the following Experience:
- Previous experience on UK construction sites is essential
- Must have a degree in Electrical Engineering
- At least 5 years post graduate Electrical Construction experience
- Experience in M&E Commercial Projects
- First class report writing, presentation and negotiation skills
- To be able to demonstrate excellent IT skills utilising the full range of Microsoft Office