West London, London
£55000 - £75000.00 per annum
9 months ago
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Our Client are currently recruiting for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to be based on a Commercial project in West London.
The successful candidate will join an already established team on the construction phase of this project. The project is mechanical and electrical installation and has a project value in excess of £15million. Overall responsibility for various mechanical systems, including HVAC, Smoke Extract, CHW/LTHW and Sprinklers.
Role and Responsibilities of the Senior Mechanical Engineer are:
- Management of the Design Process from Concept through to Construction stage of Mechanical Building Services
- Pre-construction activities, such as Technical Submittals, drawings and 3D model review, equipment schedules, etc.
- Attendance on Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) for major plant items.
- Management and coordination of multiple subcontractors throughout project phases.
- Liaise with suppliers and ensure the correct equipment and materials are provided throughout the project.
- Client and mechanical consultant's onsite focal point for mechanical systems.
- Preparation and review of inspection, testing and commissioning documentation.
- Ensure inspections and tests are carried out to the appropriate industry standards and to the satisfaction of the client.
- Preparation of reports and front end studies
- Working with Quality Control Systems
- Execution of Design Reviews
Education Required from the Senior Mechanical Engineer
- Degree Qualified in Mechanical Engineering
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will have the following Experience
- Mechanical hands on technical knowledge
- Candidates must have at least 6 years' experience working in a similar role
- Experience in the field of construction planning in Mechanical/Electrical contracting environment
- Knowledge of Package Procurement and Technical reviews
Experience Autocad 2D as a minimum