Greater London, England
£0.00 - £1 per hour + rates negotiable
over 1 year ago
Position Title : Senior Offshore Structural Engineer
We are recruiting a Senior Offshore Structural Engineer to be based in NW London office for a short assignment of approximately 3 months+.
The chosen candidate will be a senior offshore structural engineer with experience of jackets and topsides and delivery of offshore structural steel design needed for a FEED project with multiple jacket, topsides, riser structures, bridges, etc.
The role will include the technical review of work done by others and checking of calculations, drawings reports. The ideal candidate will have worked as a lead offshore structural engineer in previous roles and be comfortable guiding and reviewing work done by others.
The primary tasks will be guiding other engineers in technical approach to complete design and reports and reviewing, checking work done by others.
Job Description & Requirements
The successful candidate shall ideally:
- Have experience with SACS and STAAD for analysis design of steelwork.
- Be experienced with steel design to AISC and offshore design to API RP 2A.
- Plan and conduct independent work within a design team, evaluating options, discussing with client/team evaluation approach and then selection, application of engineering techniques to produce required deliverables.
- Provide technical direction and guidance to Engineers and designers in the project structural team as needed.
- Be able to discuss and resolve technical review issues with client in an open and co-operative manner.
- Have a broad knowledge of standards and procedures governing structural design in the industry.