£550 - £600 per day + Inside IR35
11 months ago
To manage the use of appropriate engineering standards in relation to design and construction, on all projects within the national programme and check whether they comply with legislation, in addition to monitoring whether suitably qualified and experienced staff are employed to control engineering aspects of all projects within the functional discipline.
- Implement systems and procedures to deliver a cost effective, high quality and safe approach to design, construction, commissioning and other technical activities on relevant projects. Review all relevant legislation and liaise with relevant governmental departments.
- Monitor the competence of all Project Engineers working on projects within the functional discipline and provide functional guidance, direction and briefing.
- Apply engineering controls and procedures to all projects and check whether all design and construction contracts include reference to appropriate Railway Group and Network Rail Company standards applicable to their discipline.
- Apply relevant techniques and procedures of quantified and qualitative risk assessment and HAZOP analysis to all projects and check whether the environmental aspects of all projects are managed in accordance with Environmental Policy.
- Monitor all projects for compliance with Company standards and project control procedures.
- Advise project and programme management in respect of all construction activities, testing and commissioning, and site supervision. Monitor whether the design and construction elements meet the requirements of legislation, including construction design management (CDM) regulations.
- Assure whether contractors' design, construction and specialist personnel are competent.
- Undertake reviews of design and construction activities. Arrange audits of contractors to monitor whether safety and quality of design, construction testing and commissioning and management systems are adequate.
- Carry out duties of the Project Engineer for specific projects as defined in NR/INI/02009 and comply with the Engineering Competence Framework.
- Undertake accident investigations when remitted to by the relevant designated competent person
- Significant experience in overhead line and/or third rail disciplines, ideally with involvement in construction and design projects across multi discipline areas.
- Technical qualifications to at least HND level or equivalent
- Membership of a relevant professional institution
- Experience in Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPS) - Mandatory
- Knowledge of LV power supplies
- Knowledge of LV distribution.
- Competent in LV system design - holding BS7671 (18th Edition) - Mandatory