£550 - £600 per day + Inside IR35
6 months ago
- Acting as Designated Project Engineer and/or Project Engineer for Signalling related projects or those with a Signalling input, implementing (High Speed) systems and procedures to deliver a cost effective, high quality and safe approach to design, construction, commissioning and other technical activities on relevant projects.
- Monitor the competence of all Project Engineers working on projects within the functional discipline and provide functional guidance, direction and briefing, along with applying engineering controls and procedures to all projects so all design and construction contracts include reference to appropriate Company standards applicable to their discipline.
- Apply relevant techniques and procedures of quantified and qualitative risk assessment and hazop analysis to all projects and check whether the environmental aspects of all projects are managed in accordance with (high speed) environmental policy.
- Ensure projects are monitored for compliance and advise project and programme management in respect of all construction activities, testing and commissioning, and site supervision. They will undertake reviews of design and construction activities. Arrange audits of contractors to monitor whether safety and quality of design, construction testing and commissioning and management systems are adequate.
- Significant experience in overhead line and/or third rail disciplines, ideally with involvement in construction and design projects across multi discipline areas.
- Technical qualifications to at least HND level or equivalent
- Membership of a relevant professional institution
- Experience of major contracting
- Knowledge of structuring safety cases in support of projects
- Knowledge of safety management and quality assurance
- Understanding of the arrangements required for the independent assessment of works
- Accident investigation experience
- Six Sigma Yellow Belt
- Chartered status or equivalent in the particular discipline
- Appreciation of environmental issues in engineering works