West Midlands, England
7 months ago
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
* The commercial lead of a key project
* Responsible for the commercial success of the project
* Adhering to the commercial administration procedures
* Promote and deliver a collaborative environment with both the client and throughout the management of the subcontract / supply chain accounts
* Reporting to the Commercial Manager for the contractual management of projects
ACCOUNTABILITIES / KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
* Negotiate the terms and conditions in subcontracts.
* Ensure compliance with the contract terms, conditions, rights and obligations of the contract.
* Coordinate any changes or amendments that may occur over the course of the contract, following the change process in accordance with the contract.
* Involved in the repricing of the main diversion packages once the designs are finalised
* Analyse the impact of the change and any liability exposure that the change might cause.
* Ensure obligations specified in the contract are met through monitoring and tracking.
* Depending on the type of contract, undertake site visits to administer the contract in line with the progress of the works.
* Monitor and report on the performance of the contract in terms of programme, cost and key events or issues.
* Ensure that the obligations and deliverables of the contract are met.
* Perform the closeout process by reviewing the contract agreement, verifying that all terms and conditions of the agreement have been met, and verifying all payments due have been made.
* Obtain and execute any forms, reports or clearances required and resolve any outstanding issues.
* Perform all duties in a collaborative manner with both client and subcontractors.
* Work with the project team to evaluate the impact of changes to the budget
* Capture and report cost variances
* Collate Define Cost Records
* Production of:
o monthly Cost Value Reconciliation
o Data validation of Subcontract Applications / Payments
o weekly, costed, labour returns, cost coded in line with WBS and issued to the project team for review.
o weekly cost monitors comparing forecast cost with actual cost taken from the weekly labour & plant returns.
o Monthly valuations
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING
* The role will require the post holder to have excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal and to be able to report at management level.
* Educated to Degree level or equivalent in a construction, commercial or related discipline. A lower educational level combined with extensive experience in a similar role would meet this requirement
* Previous experience of working in a similar role
* Civil works experience
* Analytical mind and logical problem solving.
* Able to work as part of a team.
* Committed to ethos of an accountable, cost effective, high quality, customer driven service delivery.
* Commercial awareness.
* Computer skills - Excel (Advance)
* Experienced with NEC 3 forms of contract
* Understanding of accountancy systems