York, North Yorkshire
£35 - £50 per hour
over 1 year ago
Signalling Design Engineer
Contract - Home Working OR working from Birmingham or York Office
4 Months Contract
- Proposed Responsibilities Produce signalling design as required, confirming that it meets the requirements given in the scope of works and that the operational, technical and safety principles have been met.
- Undertake signalling design in accordance with current standards and procedures.
- Adhere to statutory regulations, client standards and specifications where appropriate.
- Support the Signalling Design Manager, as required.
- Participate in the preparation of technical details, specifications and tenders for signalling projects.
- Monitor own performance and the progress of own work ensuring that potential variations are highlighted and appropriately managed.
- Ensure that the technical and safety standards are maintained in all aspects of design work in order that successful project implementation and future reliability is achieved.
- Perform duties as directed by Management from time to time in connection with Signalling design activities Discharge safety responsibilities in relation to CDM Regulations, Health and Safety legislation, Company procedures including development of the project Safety Plan.
Educational Professional Qualifications Required Essential
- HND or HNC, preferably in Electrical / Electronic engineering or other rail industry recognised qualification.
- IRSE Licence - Signalling Designer (1.1.510) Knowledge of Signalling design processes GRIP stages 1-8, with recent design experience of GRIP stages 3-4.
- Recent experience in production of Signalling Scheme Plans and supporting documentation (braking calculations, TPWS effectiveness and SORAT etc.) Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Degree or other technical qualification, preferably in Electrical / Electronic engineering or other rail industry recognised qualification.
- Recent level crossing design production experience.
- Work package management.
- Membership of IRSE.
- PTS holder.
- Additional Comments Work can be done from Birmingham or York, with remote working at present