City of London, London
11 months ago
Our client is currently seeking a Signalling Design Manager to work within the London area managing a number of rail projects in the UK.
These projects will involve a number of different technologies including CBI and ETCS, working with up to date and modern systems. As signalling design manager you will be responsible for leading and directing a design team to deliver these projects, which will need to meet the company standards. This role will develop your personal skills in management.
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- Good underpinning knowledge of signalling design principles, standards, components, and fabrication methods.
- Extensive underpinning knowledge of signalling design and interlocking principles, standards, components, and fabrication methods.
- A good understanding of Network Rail signalling assets and project lifescale on multidiscipline railway projects
- Extensive hands-on experience of Production, Checking and Approval of feasibility, outline and detailed signalling principles designs and calculations.
- Technically competent to undertake technical approvals of signalling designs and its associated design submissions including IDC/IDR process.
- Experienced in responding to Client requests and challenging deadlines and able to cope with interruptions as projects demand.
- Good team leader within signalling and train control teams or project teams and discipline leader within other Railway multidisciplinary projects.
- Appropriate HND or Higher qualification would be a benefit.
- IRSE licence Signalling Principles Designer category 1.1.550 and Signalling design verifier 1.1.160.
- Hold or be working towards IRSE Project Engineer or Engineering Manager Design license.1.145 Signalling Design Manager desirable.
- A member of the IRSE and an Incorporated Engineer.