Site Engineer - Builders Work, Rail Project, London
£0.01 - £1.01 per day + day rate inside of IR35
about 2 years ago
Liquid error: internal
Site Engineer - Builders Work (Rail Project), Central London Based, Day Rate (INSIDE IR35)
Skills & Experience Required
Previous London based Rail Projects experience either direct or for the contractor
Works closely with all members of the Project Team including immediate colleagues within the Arch and Civil Team, MEP, planners, Assurance and Health and Safety.
Experience in the management of subcontractors including coordination of works with other trades, provide programme updates, day to day management.
Tracking and review of Assurance Documentation with the need to be organised and disciplined when compiling records.
Experience in identifying design issues and providing potential solutions for review in conjunction with the Design Team.
Coordination and regular communication with various trades in order to ensure the works are undertaken to programme.
Review of Inspection and Test Plans (ITPs). Preparation will be by subcontractors and delivery team members, but assistance in preparation may be required
Assisting with inspection and testing of the works on site as a second party check as required under the approved ITPs
Amendment of Method Statements / Risk Assessments
Support project team with QA process, review management document and lead document submission in accordance to document management plan
Setting out experience is desirable but not essential
Ensuring high safety standards are maintained and the safety requirements are adhered to.
Purpose of the Job
To support the delivery team in the coordination, delivery and technical aspects of the construction activities whilst ensuring Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality requirements are achieved.
Support the Employer in relation to the following:
Ensure that enough information is available on drawings and sketches to set out the works in accordance with the programme and to resolve any inconsistencies in the information provided including feedback on any changes made
Setting out the works in accordance with the contract requirements before work is programmed to commence.
Arrange and allow time for independent checking where required.
Develop 4-weekly programmes with section engineer and simple benchmark productivity measures for the workforce and assess actual programme and productivity achieved for review at weekly progress meetings.
Communicate with foremen, workforce and sub-contractors to ensure full understanding of information provided.
Check the works during progress and on completion to ensure that it has been constructed in line with the information provided, measured and signed off before covering up and that information is recorded accurately.
Coordinate Assurance inspection by appropriate parties.
Take receipt of materials and check description, quality, markings and condition are in line with ITP
Complete inspection and test plans, risk assessments and method statements for the control of the works ensuring that all necessary documentation, as required by these statements and plans, is produced in a timely manner.
Keep a full and accurate daily site diary, including any changes / variations, subcontractors' attendance, and records of work-related discussions with client / designer / RE / project.
Ensure the works are adequately planned and coordinated with activities by others in order to avoid disruption and provide clear access.
Coordinate access requirements and ensure all necessary permits and documentation are in place.
Monitor works being undertaken and ensure they align with the agreed Safe System of Work.
Take reasonable care of your own and others' health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to the Target Zero principles.
Co-operate with client in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times
- Act as a role model for clients vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with clients Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too
- Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues
- Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put clients information or information systems at risk
Main challenges of the job
- Coordinating on site activities
- Ensuing all aspects including access, materials, labour are available in a timely manner.
- Ensuring the works are safely executed.
Dimensions & Interfaces (both internal and external)
Key working relationships
- Reports to relevant Agent
- Works closely with all members of the Project Team including immediate colleagues within the Arch and Civil Team, MEP, planners, Assurance and Health and Safety.
- Liaise with the Project Designers.
- Works closely with the Supply Chain.
- Degree qualified engineer or equivalent experience,
- Experience in undertaking site-based construction activities on major infrastructure projects.
- Knowledge and experience of construction quality systems and processes
- Knowledge of the NEC3 form of contract and of CDM Regulations
- Health and Safety training to a minimum of SSSTS.