Greater London, England
market rates inside of IR35
7 months ago
Site Engineer - Handover - Paddington Rail Project
Purpose of the Job
To support the Employer for the Paddington Station Project to close out technical issues and assurance documentation for Stakeholders, contractors and the project team and other entities related to the project.
- Coordinate between various entities such as the appointed Contractors, the Client's Engineer's Group (CEG) and other internal and external stakeholders for the review and approval of assurance documentation, including coordination of interfaces and management of delivery and completion.
- Assist the PDE with the management of Stakeholder requirements.
- Keeping the Suppliers Rep informed of technical issues on site.
- Monitoring the contractor in ensuring that proper processes are identified and implemented to achieve contractual quality compliance.
- Monitoring the contractor's compliance with their ITPs and participating in witness and review points, seeking support as required from the Railway Systems discipline specialists.
- Providing input to the NCR and Punch List process at contract level seeking support as required from the Railway Systems discipline specialists and other specialist functions in evaluating conformances and assessing contractor recommended dispositions.
- Supporting the Supervisor's Representative in the review and acceptance of contractor certification packages.
- Assist with all CIAC 2&3 assurance activities including Handover and closure of all project related documentation.
- Manage completion of all assurance activities arising from the Project team including but not limited to the Elemental Completion Process (ECHR) process, Employers Completion Process (ECP), Engineering Safety Justification (ESJ).
- Take reasonable care of your own and others' health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to the Client's Target Zero principles.
- Co-operate with the Client in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times
- Act as a role model for the Client's vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with the Client's Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too.
- Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues
- Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put the Client's information or information systems at risk.
Main challenges of the job
- Reporting accurately and in a timely way all relevant progress in relation to assurance and handover processes
- Working well within a pressured driven environment
- Ability to plan and proactively manage delivery targets against agreed works programme
- Coordinating and communicating effectively with all internal and external stakeholders including the project team to achieve timely completion of all deliverables
- Organisation management and interpersonal skills to motivate and achieve success in the delivery of internal and external delivery teams
- Proven track record in working in an engineering assurance environment relating to railway infrastructure
- Bachelor Degree in a relevant technical subject
- Proven track record in working with a diverse range of project stakeholders
- Experience in all pertinent aspects of Health and Safety within a railway environment
- Successful track record in the completion of assurance and handover deliverables within a fast track delivery environment