£300.00 - £375.00 per day + inside of IR35
almost 3 years ago
till Jun 2020
To support the project by enabling on site delivery and safe installation of mechanical, fire & BMS services by the principle contractor. Drive the resolution of mechanical, fire and BMS issues, ensuring programme targets are met.
Supporting the Business in relation to:
- Ensure excellent level of health and safety performance through taking care of own and others' health and safety and of those who may be affected in the delivery of this role.
- Monitor and support the principle contractor's compliance with health, safety and environmental requirements, escalating issues and seeking intervention where required.
- Drive mechanical performance in relation to design, construction, testing & commissioning, certification and handover.
- Liaise with the principle contractor and Project Manager's team to proactively identify mechanical issues, risks and opportunities. Drive resolution of these issues and work with principle contractor to implement risk mitigation and opportunities.
- Monitor the status of mechanical design, construction, testing & commissioning, certification and handover deliverables.
- Proactively seek out, provide input to and drive the resolution of mechanical issues relating to design, construction, assurance/certification and handover.
- Participate in the development of the mechanical 4 week lookahead programme.
- Review mechanical activities in contract and 4 week lookahead programme, ensuring that a robust mechanical programme is maintained and that opportunities are identified and implemented.
- Monitor mechanical performance against the accepted programme, 4 week lookahead programme and testing & commissioning programme. Drive performance and the resolution of issues to ensure that programme objectives are met.
- Contribute to the mechanical T&C strategy.
- Work with principle contractor and Testing & Commissioning Manager to ensure that mechanical T&C forecasts are robust and that targets are met.
- Provide support to the Mechanical Field Assurance Engineers and Testing & Commissioning Manager in monitoring the principle contactor's compliance with the testing & commissioning, certification and handover procedures.
- Work with principle contractor to ensure that mechanical quality inspections support the testing & commissioning and handover programme.
- Drive resolution of mechanical NCR's and closing of mechanical snags.
- Review and acceptance of Contractor MEP submittals as required.
- Support the Project Manager in preparing communications and instructions to contractors in accordance with the Works Contracts Administration Procedures.
- Co-operate with Crossrail in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times.*
- Act as a role model for Crossrail's vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with Crossrail's Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too.*
- Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues.*
- Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put Crossrail's information or information systems at risk.*
- *These accountabilities are mandatory for all positions.
3. Main Challenges of the Job
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with principle contractor.
- Understanding and driving the mechanical programme.
- Understanding mechanical design and testing & commissioning logic.
4. Dimensions & Interfaces (Internal and External)
- Reports to MEP Delivery Manager.
- Direct reports to include:-Mechanical Installation Tracker
- Works closely with Supervisor's Representative, Field Assurance Engineers, Site Managers and Testing & Commissioning Teams.
- Collaborates closely with principle contractor and subcontractor's representatives
5. Person Specification
Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent experience, all with a mechanical focus.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Working knowledge of engineering/construction industry contracting practices, experience of dealing with mechanical works packages, design, installation, testing and commissioning.
- Knowledge of the NEC3 form of contract and of CDM Regulations.
- Knowledge of LU processes and procedures.
- An ability to identify priorities; the drive to get things done; and the personality to work effectively at all levels.
- A problem solver with project delivery experience, able to drive programme and be results driven.
- To have proactive can do attitude and be prepared to take the initiative.
Extra information provided by the hiring manager:
- Preferably experience working on the Crossrail project
- Accomplished mechanical project engineer (preferably in a lead role)
- Mechanical project management experience preferable
- Demonstrate competence in a mechanical systems construction delivery role
- Good understanding of quality management and assurance
- Site experience of health, safety and environmental procedures and understanding of how good practice should be adhered to
- Experience of reviewing and ensuring contractor implementation of RAMS and ITP's during constructio