Greater London, England
market rates inside of IR35
20 days ago
Site Engineer - MEP / Comms, Tottenham Court Road, Rail Project
Purpose of the Job
To support effective delivery of the works in designated areas through the coordination of interfaces, monitoring and reporting of progress, and resolution of problems.
Oversee designated sites / areas of responsibilityFacilitating interfaces at designated sites, including interfaces between designated contractors and adjacent contractors, including Principal Contractors.
Monitoring programme objectives and contractor progress and performance against the contract milestones and current accepted programme; reviewing productivity of installed quantities against forecasts.Completing daily reports; keeping the Principle Delivery Engineer informed of contract and site progress & performance.Supporting the Project Manager in managing key stakeholder relationships in coordination with the contractor and community relations officers; monitoring contractors' compliance with relevant Commitments.Provide support to the Project Manager & Principle Delivery Engineer to manage the Contractor's and Employer's deliverables in accordance with the strategy for Staged Completion and HandoverTo monitor and report progress towards Staged Completion and Handover, highlighting concerns and possible solutions to the Project team and Handover Manager
Providing constructability input during review of contractor/engineering submissions.Reviewing the contractor's works programme and liaising with the contractor and others as required to facilitate execution of the works in accordance with the programme.Monitoring contractor's compliance with contractual requirements regarding mobilisation and logisticsProviding support to the Project Field Engineer in monitoring contractor compliance with the Construction Quality Plan, and in resolution of NCRs and snag list items at contract level.Monitoring and supporting the contractor's compliance with Environmental, and Health and Safety requirements, escalating issues where required. Checking there is a satisfactory level of health and safety through taking reasonable care of own and others' health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this roleThe review and acceptance of contractor submittals as allocated.Provide support to the Project Manager & Principle Delivery Engineer to manage the Contractor's and Employer's deliverables in accordance with the strategy for Staged Completion and HandoverTo monitor and report progress towards Staged Completion and Handover, highlighting concerns and possible solutions to the Project team and Handover ManagerThe implementation of the Review and Acceptance of Safe Systems of Work Procedure.Take reasonable care of your own and others' health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to the Client's Target Zero principles.Co-operate with the Client in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all timesAct as a role model for the Client's vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with the Client's Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too.Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleaguesTake necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put the Client's information or information systems at risk
Main challenges of the job
- Supporting the Employer in monitoring the progress of the works against programme and tracking site activity
- Supporting the Employer in protecting the Client's reputation through management of stakeholders and monitoring contractor compliance with consents and commitments
- Supporting the Employer in managing interfaces with other Client contracts and third parties beyond the contractor's control.
- Experience of managing construction works on comparable major project infrastructure works
- Relevant experience on a large-scale infrastructure project.
- Knowledge and experience of construction quality systems and processes
- Understanding of project controls processes
- Knowledge and experience of site-based ES&H processes and procedures
- Prior experience supervising and administering subcontractors.
- Knowledge of the use of subcontracts; knowledge of the contractor/ subcontractor's responsibilities contained in subcontract documents
Role Specific Requirements
- Knowledge of communications systems (e.g. PA/VA, CCTV, fibre and copper cabling, Customer Information Systems, Help Points & Telephony, networks, SCADA, Radio)
- Previous experience in the construction or testing and commissioning project delivery of communications systems in the rail industry
- To drive the programme and be results driven
- To produce progress reports of construction and T&C activities
- Provide support to the Project Manager & Principle Delivery Engineer to manage the Contractor's and Employer's deliverables in accordance with the strategy for Staged Completion and Handover
- To monitor and report progress towards Staged Completion and Handover, highlighting concerns and possible solutions to the Project team and Handover Manager