over 2 years ago
Purpose of the Job
To support the Delivery Team in the coordination, delivery and technical aspects of the construction activities whilst ensuring Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality requirements are achieved.
Support the Employer in relation to the following:
- Ensure that enough information is available on drawings and sketches to set out the works in accordance with the programme and to resolve any inconsistencies in the information provided including feedback on any changes made
- Setting out the works in accordance with the contract requirements before work is programmed to commence.
- Arrange and allow time for independent checking where required.
- Develop 4-weekly programmes with section engineer and simple benchmark productivity measures for the workforce and assess actual programme and productivity achieved for review at weekly progress meetings.
- Communicate with foremen, workforce and sub-contractors to ensure full understanding of information provided.
- Check the works during progress and on completion to ensure that it has been constructed in line with the information provided, measured and signed off before covering up and that information is recorded accurately.
- Coordinate Assurance inspection by appropriate parties.
- Take receipt of materials and check description, quality, markings and condition are in line with Complete inspection and test plans, risk assessments and method statements for the control of the works ensuring that all necessary documentation, as required by these statements and plans, is produced in a timely manner.
- Keep a full and accurate daily site diary, including any changes / variations, subcontractors' attendance, and records of work-related discussions with client / designer / RE / project
- Ensure the works are adequately planned and coordinated with activities by others in order to avoid disruption and provide clear access.
- Coordinate access requirements and ensure all necessary permits and documentation are in
- Monitor works being undertaken and ensure they align with the agreed Safe System of Work.
Knowledge and experience
- Degree qualified engineer or equivalent experience,
- Experience in undertaking site-based construction activities on major infrastructure
- Knowledge and experience of construction quality systems and processes
- Knowledge of the NEC3 form of contract and of CDM Regulations
- Health and Safety training to a minimum of SSSTS.