Birmingham, West Midlands
12 months ago
The Stakeholder Engagement Manager will refresh Land and Property's approach with affected parties and drive an improved focus on our Claimant experience through delivering best practice and overseeing training and coaching of our internal L&P teams and our Supply Chain.
The role of the Land and Property (L&P) Directorate is to acquire and manage the right land and property, at the right time, in the right way at the right price, ensuring the delivery of value for money for tax payers.
There are three main functions within the department, Property Services, Acquisitions and Programme Hub:
Property Services includes Land Assembly; Land Referencing; Management of Discretionary Schemes for affected parties along the route as well as managing a portfolio of those properties which have been acquired.
Acquisitions acquires the physical land and property needed through either the Compulsory Purchase process and manages Blight applications and the Petitioning Process.
Programme Hub provides Project controls and Programme management and reporting across the whole of Land and Property department.
- To be the key person who defines, communicates and drives best practice and consistency in our Customer Service approach in all our dealings with 'affected parties'.
- To be the interface with a number of Land and Property's Stakeholders, developing and maintaining effective relationships with internal Programme teams, the Community Engagement team, the Resident's Commissioner and Helpdesk
- To represent L&P externally where required by the Community Engagement team, with business groups and individuals within communities that may be impacted by the Land and Property Acquisitions programme.
- To deliver in accordance with the improvement plan for how L&P interface with the Community team and support them in addressing any issues and concerns which have arisen as a result of Land and Property activities.
- Accountability for responding efficiently to enquiries and complaints where they fall under your defined Stakeholder groups.
- To work effectively with Land and Property's Suppliers, ensuring they understand commitments, behaviour expectations, and metrics by which they will be measured.
- To support the promotion and embedding best practice in all Communications and Documents issued from Land and Property ensuring engagement information is communicated in plain English and meets accessibility requirements.
- Ensure an adequate flow of information to and from the Land and Property Directorate Management Team, communicating decisions and chasing actions as required.
- Influencing and listening skills
- Written and verbal communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to develop relationships and build trust amongst stakeholders and communities exercising diplomacy at every stage
- Ability to manage competing stakeholder priorities
- Analytical skills and the ability to interpret and respond to changing landscapes and understand and communicate complex issues with clarity
- Ability to inspire people to want to provide an exemplar 'Claimant experience'.
- Ability to manage agreed deadlines deadlines in a dynamic, fast-moving organisation
- An understanding and experience of developing important stakeholder relationships within the nuances of community engagement and local politics
- Knowledge of how the Land and Property Policies and Schemes operate and how to communicate them effectively and sensitively.
TYPE OF EXPERIENCE
- Experience of successful delivery on high profile and sensitive projects and against challenging timescales and developing requirements
- Experience of providing counsel across an organisation on stakeholder engagement