about 1 year ago
Position Title: Senior Structural Designer
- Start Jan 2020
- Duration expected to be 12months
- SP3D, Smartsketch, Tekla and modelling experience of steel and 3D objects essential
- Experienced with concrete reinforcement and steel work detailing essential
- Significant experience working on onshore oil and gas projects essential
We are looking to recruit a senior civil designer.
Potential Candidates should meet the requirements as stated below have a substantial experience in the role and within the onshore oil and gas sector.
Job Description & Requirements
The successful candidate shall:
- Produce structural steel drawings
- Produce structural concrete drawings with reinforcement detailing
- Model in SP3D concrete and steel structures
- Model in Tekla secondary steel, grating, handrails connections
- Be able to produce independently preliminary structural layouts and models in 2D/3D for interdisciplinary co-ordination requirements with review at later stage by engineer or as directed by engineer.
- Participate in reviewing and checking designs, drawings and data from other parties/execution offices
- Manage drawings and records to demonstrate procedural compliance with QA activities for internal reviews.
The successful candidate shall have the following skills:
- Proficiency in the utilisation of 3-D modelling software SP3D and smart sketch.
- Proficiency in the utilisation of 3-D modelling software Tekla.
- Proficiency to expert level in the utilisation of 2-D drafting software MicroStation
- A basic understanding of constructability, operability, and maintainability requirements.