£400.00 - £450.00 per day + day rates inside of IR35 or permanent hire
about 1 month ago
Supervisors Representative offered on a day rate basis or permanent hire on annual salary on a Fixed Term Contract till end of Feb 2021
Principal Accountabilities - practical work experience required in:
- Ensuring that the Contractor has processes and procedures in place to ensure compliance with the Works Information.
- Providing input into engineering solutions/ field sketches/ specifications to resolve site based queries, with support from Field Engineers
- Monitoring and supporting the contractor in ensuring that proper processes are identified and implemented to achieve contractual quality compliance with the Works Information.
- Act as the point of contact with the Contractor's Quality Manager.
- Providing input to the review and acceptance of the sub-contractors' and suppliers' Quality Plan.
- Reviewing and accepting installation and test Certificates.
- Reviews and accepts Contractors Red Line drawings and As Built drawings.
- Providing technical direction to the Field Engineers for inspections and tests.
- Monitoring the contractors compliance with their ITPs, and partakes in some witness and review points.
- Managing the NCR and snag list process at contract level. Evaluating conformances and assessing contractor recommended dispositions.
- Discharging designated duties under the CDM Regulations 2007, complying with the CRL management arrangements for CDM within the designated area of responsibility.
- Act as a role model for clients vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with clients Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too.
- Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues.
- Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put clients information or information systems at risk.
5. Person Specification
- Degree in engineering - ( preferably civils biased but any engineering degree discipline considered )
- Significant knowledge and experience of construction quality systems and processes.
- Experience of supervising and administering subcontractors.
- Experience in a senior role including the review of design, construction and test.
Essentially, a suitable candidate for the SR role:
- Is a good problem solver
- Is approachable and respectful
- Can pinpoint issues
- Has a positive attitude towards technical solutions
- Has experience in chairing meetings and have discussions with people from multiple disciplines
- Can bring people from various departments and contracts together to find the best technical solution for the project
- Understands quality management and importance of following processes and procedures
- Has NEC 3 contract experience and understands the roles and responsibilities within
- Has sound technical background (ideally civils in this case)
- Can manage high input of data and information (emails, documents, PTRs etc.) without getting stressed, or can manage stressful situations well
- Has attention to detail
- Is comfortable with delegating tasks