Up to £0.00 per annum
over 3 years ago
Looking for someone who has a strong commitment to Sustainability (and be a Subjcet Matter Expert) which permeates our colleagues, processes and operations, enabling to have a positive impact on the world. The Sustainability Advisor - LCA Specialist is a global role that is part of the core Sustainability team in Marketing & Technology. The role is responsible for developing LCA (Life Cycle Assessment) models for all In components and finished products globally, initially with a cradle-to-gate scope. The role will be expected to coordinate the global inputs from our clinets manufacturing, supply chain and procurement functions and be the architect of constructing, maintaining and improving the LCA models.
They are the primary focal point for the organisation for all modeling inputs, and are the owner of the tool and models.
What will you be doing?
- Systematically develop LCA models of products and manufacturing process units to provide a baseline for the organisation from which to make decisions
- Steward and own CO2 footprint data
- Develop in-house Environmental Sustainability "expert"
- Communicate the areas / levers of influence that are most impactful to improve and identify value drivers
- Benchmark against current best practices, identify opportunities to improve environmental sustainability and turn them into action
- Any other responsibilities as assigned
What skills will you gain from this role?
- A greater understanding of sustainability and how it fits within business
- An expanded network across sites, functions and bands
- An increased operational awareness at work
- Opportunity to influence sustainability strategy
- Excellent technical competencies with a strong science background (e.g. in chemistry or engineering)
- Experience or familiarity with manufacturing operations and supply networks
- Strong technical communication and influencing skills (written, verbal and presentation)
- Ability to effectively balance work priorities and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work effectively under pressure created by deadlines
- Strong commitment to safety and quality values
This role is a Subject Matter Expert (SME) role which will report to the Sustainability Manager
A flexible working policy and will work with colleagues to accommodate their needs wherever appropriate.
An understanding of process chemistry and manufacturing processes and sites is crucial. It will be important to leverage one's own field experience, technical expertise, and existing knowledge to identify fit for purpose modelling techniques and opportunities to create value for the business.
Acute attention to detail, a passion for rigor, discipline and numbers are critical in this role to deliver the business value. Curiosity to explore and test scenarios, and sensitivities is also critical.