£400 - £450 per day
about 2 years ago
The role of Systems Engineer will be to manage and co-ordinate the appointed design consultants and work closely stakeholders to undertake the following:
- Identify, capture and manage the operational and performance requirements for the project components
- Capture all undertakings and assurances required to support the Development Consent Order (DCO) application.
- Development and implementation of interface management strategies and procedures that clearly define responsibilities for delivering Systems Assurance across the project
- Lead the development, implementation of the configuration management plans, procedure and processes.
- This position will report directly to the Engineering Manager and will work within a team of related disciplines and appointed design consultants to support the delivery of the project.
- Plans and conducts independent work within the project requiring judgement in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Broad working knowledge of precedents in the specialty area, the principles and practices of related technical areas and of coordinating work with other technical disciplines.
- Plans and coordinates independent work requiring judgment and experience in the application and substantial adaptation of engineering techniques.
- Plans, coordinates and delivers training sessions for the project.
- Actively partakes in the Design Gate Approval process.
- Broad knowledge of precedents in the aviation industry.
- A systems assurance background.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Assurance management of design operational, environmental and technical requirements in a timely and efficient manner.
- Support the development and management of the project requirements management procedures by;
- Developing processes for requirements management
- Deploy Requirements Management process to functions and stakeholders across the project
- Ensure the Requirements Management process is followed, with necessary review and auditing
- Reviews project engineering progress against approved schedules, evaluates changes and takes corrective action when required.
- Manages the flow of information required from project team and 3rd parties to assure the timely progress of the requirements work.
- Supports the management of project interfaces throughout the project lifecycle by;
- Developing processes for interface management
- Ensure the Interface Management process is followed, with necessary review and auditing
- Facilitate the identification of interfaces by the design teams
- Facilitate the resolution of any cross-boundary interface issues to meet the requirements of the project
- Monitor interface progress and closeout
- Review interface status reports from interfacing designers for consistency and accuracy, and identification of issues and risks
- Ensure the traceability and recording of agreements and changes
- Plan, program and manage the resources applied within the scope of this activity such that agreed project objectives of assurance in quality, timeliness and safety will be achieved.
- Support the development of expertise across the project.
- Maintain and support ongoing business relationships with key clients and customers.
- Chartered Engineer and a member of a relevant professional body preferred
- Knowledge of systems engineering, whole project life cycle and its implementation on large aviation infrastructure projects and in particular developing and implementing progressive assurance processes
- Minimum of 5 years' experience of implementing interface and requirements in major projects.
- Good interpersonal skills with proven ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplined integrated management team.
- Experienced user of requirements management software
- Exposure to BIM (Building Information Modelling)
- Self-starter with strong communication skills both verbal and written.