Up to £0.00 per annum
10 months ago
Purpose of the Job
The role is to support the Lead Engineer with the delivery of an integrated Telecommunications System in a railway environment This role will focus on the Installation, Test, Commissioning and Handover of an integrated Radio System. The Radio system includes multiple systems including GSM-R, Airwave. Connect, LFEPA (Channel 5) and Public Cellular-
- Support the Business in relation to the following:
- Interpretation and implementation oi project programme and monitoring of site based
- Production of daily status reports.
- Provide escalation point for site-based issues
- Proactive solution-based approach to problem solving.
- Develop working relationships with 3rd parties
- Participate in coordinated work scheduling daily to ensure project activities are
achieved in accordance with Project Programme.
- Previous experience of Telecommunications system test and commissioning preferably in a railway environment.
- Familiar with the delivery of Cellular based Radio coverage utilising RF over Fibre
- Proven experience of Radio infrastructure testing, Radio system coverage and
Main Challenges of be Job
- Ensure Radio System testing activity is achieved as detailed in Project Programme
- Supporting the Project in identifying key technical and quality issues for resolution.
- Supporting the Project in budding effective working relationships at the appropriate level
within the Contractor's team and external 3rd parties.
- Supporting the Project in configuration control.
Dimensions & Interfaces (Internal and External)
Key working relationships
- Supporting the Lead T&C Engineer
- Works collaboratively with 3rd patties to achieve collective goals
- Significant technical complexity (multiple systems and interfaces)
- Degree qualified engineer or equivalent experience
- Experienced in hands-on delivery of multi-vendor Radio Systems projects.
- Ability to work well under pressure to achieve milestones.
- Previous experience working on large scale railway related Communications projects.