Up to £0.00 per annum
almost 2 years ago
There is a requirement for x3 Testing & Commissioning Co-ordinators to come onto the Crossrail project on a contract-basis (inside IR35). Each role is based at a different station.
To support the Employer in providing Testing and Commissioning technical expertise centrally for the project. Also, to support the Employer in ensuring Tier 1 Contractors are cognisant of the Testing and Commissioning requirements of the works information and fulfil them in a manner that ensures full integration between contracts across the Central Operating Section.
- Provide in-depth technical support to each individual project team in their preparations and during the Tier 1 contractors' testing & commissioning of MEP and systemwide equipment as well as support to their management of systemwide interfaces on the project.
- That support to the Tier 1 contractor for the management of interfaces will extend during Commissioning and for the input by each Tier 1 Contractor required to conducting dynamic testing across multiple contracts.
- In provision of the technical support, also support development of integrated Testing and Commissioning programmes that demonstrate the coordination of systems through the Central Operating Section in support of the overall programme for delivery.
- Reviewing Testing and Commissioning documentation produced by each of the individual Contractors for adequacy and for inputting advice on the interfacing and integrating requirements for each of the station and systemwide sub-system level test plans and associated documentation under review.
- Manage the Delivery Team requirements for their completion of their T&C progress reporting, via the periodically reported T&C Dashboard
- Collate progress made for Testing & Commissioning on the Contract - to be summarised in the periodically reported T&C Dashboard.
- Provide clarity and communication to the project delivery teams on the Testing and Commissioning Process
- Collaborate and co-operate with other entities involved in Testing & Commissioning (including Planning; the Chief Engineer's Group; Infrastructure Managers, Integration and Assurance).
- Support the Testing and Commissioning Certification Process by way of review, monitoring, and; if required; support for audit.
- Work with the Delivery Team and Field Engineering to ensure that suitable and sufficient evidence of Testing and Commissioning results are compiled and processed in support of the Handover strategy.
- Take reasonable care of your own and others' health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to the Target Zero principles.
- Co-operate with our client in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times
- Act as a role model for our clients vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with the Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too
- Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues
- Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put information or information systems at risk
Main challenges of the job
- Supporting the Employer in relation to understanding and ensuring the coordination and integration of Testing and Commissioning activities to fulfil all defined requirements, including schedule, cost, and self-assured quality for assigned systems/assets.
- Influencing a matrix organisation at project level to deliver a successful and Integrated Testing & Commissioning strategy.
- Building and maintaining strong working relationships with all the key stakeholders in a large multi-tier infrastructure project.
- Extensive Experience in managing mechanical, electrical and public health (MEP) systems for Stations and Rail Systems, including the management of testing and commissioning.
- Extensive Experience in the design of building/station mechanical, electrical and public health (MEP) systems, preferably within the rail environment.
- Knowledge of industry work processes for Testing and Commissioning building services.
- Knowledge of Water mist / Hydra mist systems / gas suppression systems.
- Understanding of interface management, including with systemwide contractors.
- Knowledge and understanding of working arrangements with joint ventures, alliances and consortiums.
- Preferably I.Eng or C.Eng. accredited within CIBSE &/or IET.
- Ability to effectively work within a matrix organization.
- Knowledge of cross functional work processes and interface knowledge, especially Project Controls, Quality management and the ability to manage the relationships/interfaces with management and functional groups.
- Understanding of Health & Safety requirements for Railway Infrastructure projects, including knowledge of the application of the CDM Regulations and the CSM-RA process for system risk management and control.