£1 - £2 per annum
over 2 years ago
Tier 2/3 Supplier Manager to support the Business through the management of the delivery of various Tier 2 and 3 Supplier work scopes through the construction, testing, commissioning and handover phases of the Stations, Shafts and Portals projects. The Manager will be responsible for enabling the Tier 2 and 3 Suppliers to efficiently honour their contracts through the coordination of scope, resources, interfaces, interrogation of programmes and the monitoring and reporting of progress for the particular areas of responsibility.
Dimensions and Interfaces
- Reports to the Common Procurement Coordination Project Manager.
- Works closely with the Station, Shafts and Portals Construction Managers, Site Managers, Planners, Field Assurance Engineers, Engineering Managers.
- Collaborates with the Tier 2 and 3 Suppliers, Tier 1 Contractors and Client Contractor representatives.
- Develops effective working relationships with key stakeholders.
Main Challenges of the job
- Influencing without authority - the Tier 2 and 3 Suppliers are in contract with the Tier 1 Contractors
- Building strong relationships with all stakeholders to support the successful delivery of the Tier 2 and 3 work scopes.
- Facilitating and coordinating the interfaces between the Tier 2 and 3 Suppliers, Tier 1 Contractors, Client Contractors, the client, and all other third parties and stakeholders.
- Driving the Tier 2 and 3 Suppliers to perform in accordance with the requirements of their contracts, including safety, schedule, provision of adequate resources, cost control, self-assured quality, etc.
Support the Business in relation to the following:
- Managing Tier 2 and 3 Supplier performance with regards to progress, efficiency, resources, efficiency, and Health and Safety.
- Supporting coordination of all interface between the Tier 2 and 3 Suppliers and the Site Teams, Tier 1 Contractors and Client Contractors at each geographic location.
- Supporting Tier 2 and 3 Suppliers in the development of robust integrated programmes for the installation, testing and commissioning.
- Driving the efficient delivery of the site works to meet the required programme dates.
- Keeping the Site Teams and Delivery management informed of progress and performance, escalating key issues where appropriate.
- Reviewing resources against accepted plans; advising of risks and issues and supporting their resolution.
- Evaluating productivity of work execution; confirming appropriate site controls are in place.
- Reviewing compliance with Employer's technical requirements; review of work in progress for acceptance at witness points; and Employer's acceptance of completed works.
- Driving Tier 2 and 3 Supplier production of assurance documentation and supporting acceptance process.
- Supporting coordination with the Chief Engineers Group (CEG) and their attendance of witnessing testing and commissioning of the works.
- Coordinating interfaces with adjacent or follow-on contracts; resolving problems; assisting the project manager coordinating the final handover of the project to the Infrastructure Manager.
- Experience of delivery of M&E scopes of work, ideally on major projects.
- Technical familiarity throughout the project lifecycle of M&E systems, in particular BMS and Dali Lighting Control Systems would be desirable.
- University degree in an engineering related subject is desirable.
- Knowledge and experience of construction quality systems and processes.
- Knowledge and experience of project controls processes.
- Knowledge and experience of site-based ES&H processes and processes.
- Experience of building strong stakeholder relationships.
- Experience of managing complex and demanding interfaces.
- Knowledge of the use of subcontracts; knowledge of the contractor/ subcontractor's responsibilities contained in subcontract documents.
- Right to work in the UK without company sponsorship
- Member of a relevant professional institution preferred.
- A good working knowledge of the UK railway industry
- Proven relevant experience in a railway environment desirable