Birmingham, West Midlands
Up to £0.00 per annum
about 1 year ago
Town Planning Manager - HS2 - Phase 2B
Permanent staff position based in Birmingham..
Salary negotiable depending on experience plus excellent benefits package.
As a Town Planning Manager you will manage town planning activities within a specific geographic area of the Phase 2 route. The successful candidates will be responsible for town planning discussions with planning authorities within their area. The role will be responsible for planning matters in their area including, but not limited to, planning policy development , hybrid Bill preparation, the Parliamentary process, master-planning, engagement with communities and individuals affected by the scheme.
- Engage with local planning authorities on town planning matters associated with Phase 2;
- Support Phase 2 Directorate in the preparation of the Phase 2b Bill including the environmental impact assessment;
- Working with Hybrid Bill Directorate on negotiations with objectors to the Bill; the preparation of evidence for Select Committee; and the preparation of Petition Response Documents;
- Input into master-planning work and planning authorities' plan preparation;
- Engage with and advise contractors on the preparation of planning material for consents packages, for example ground investigations, enabling works, main works, rail systems, or works outside of Act limits, including advising on DCO/TWAO/TCPA processes and programme, and risk implications associated with these;
Experience and Knowledge Required:
- Significant town planning experience ideally gained through infrastructure planning, dealing with major applications or appeals under the Planning Acts, Transport and Works Act Orders, hybrid Bill, IPC or DCO in the public and/or private sector;
- Proven written and verbal communication skills and the aptitude to rationally explain, explore and discuss town planning issues;
- Knowledge of UK planning processes, and evolving planning policy environment;
- Knowledge of project or programme management processes and / or successfully managing a varied caseload of applications or projects;
- Town planning degree or equivalent, with membership of the RTPI, or other related professional membership.