Up to £0.00 per annum
about 3 years ago
Turnover Manager (HV Commissioning)
12 Month Contract based in Folkestone
Major Project involving high voltage direct current interconnector between UK & France.Day Rate Negotiable depending on suitable experience. Possible 5 month extension to to cover French side Commissioning Lead if suitable experience.
** Candidates must be authorised to work in the EU **
The Turnover Manager will supervise the Mechanical Completion and Pre-Commissioning Tests of Converters in Cheriton and Peuplingue and HV AC/DC Cables performed by the EPC contractors, for a smooth transfer to commissioning stage.
- For the converter stations (FR & UK) as well as HV AC and DC cable: track and drive to closing out via EPC contractor FAT and construction snags so pre-commissioning activities can start as scheduled
- Ensure snag related documentation is managed till close-out of snags
- Ensure project documentation is kept up to date to allow a smooth transition to pre-commissioning and then Commissioning
- Represent Client during pre-commissioning activities by EPC for Converters and HV Cable
- Check that EPC Contractor pre-commissioning documentation is used, procedures are followed up and completed on time, test documentation is completed according to pre-commissioning protocol
- Follow up test programme prepared by EPC and select where witness points or hold points are required
- Witness tests where appropriate
- Organise and follow-up reporting on progress of MC and Pre-Commissioning activities.
- Track pre-comm snags and assist in reporting and closing out anomalies, non-compliances and interface with relevant EPC contractor teams till they are cleared
- Report to Completion Manager in a timely fashion: issues and way forward & progress to resolution
- Participate in Site meetings on an ad hoc basis
Required Experience Criteria:
- Experience in pre-commissioning/Commissioning tests on HV equipment within EPC contractors
- Experience on HVDC converters, VSC type converter is a plus.
- HVDC Commissioning experience with RTE is a plus that would qualify to extend as Commissioning Lead FR.
- Prior experience with RTE and/or NGET is an advantage
- Attention to detail and strong focus on getting things right.
- Able to work under pressure in a dynamic environment.
- Uphold the reputation of the company at all times
- A team player with a collaborative work ethic.
- Fluent in French and English language (spoken and written) is a must with good interpersonal skills to work in multicultural environment.