Up to £400000.00 per annum
5 months ago
Job Description - SI Commissioning Engineer
To carry out surveys, testing, commissioning of PLC/HMI, ICA and telemetry systems.
Based at Scottish Regional Office (Grangemouth) and Penketh Regional Office with significant levels of site work within the UK.
- SI Commissioning Engineer in Automation / Control Projects (PLC/SCADA).
- Working extensively within the Water Industry both in the office and on site.
- Reporting to the S.I Manager (Penketh)
- Ensure that all health and safety procedures are followed and that RAMS are prepared for all projects requiring site works.
- Working closely with our key clients to ensure their requirements are understood / met
- Site surveys to evaluate system requirements and interfaces
- Testing and commissioning of ICA and PLC based control systems including Profibus and industrial Ethernet
- Testing and commissioning of motor control equipment including DOL's, VSD's and Simocode.
- Testing and configuration of PLC, HMI and SCADA packages, cFAT, SAT and site based commissioning
- To ensure that all activities are carried out in a systematic and controlled manner ensuring high levels of Client satisfaction
- Report on progress to Manager highlight any concerns, / issues and opportunities of further work.
- Liaise closely and develop a good working relationship with the client / end user.
- The nature of this work is such that the Job Holder could be the sole representative for Boulting on site, therefore the Job Holder must be capable of managing his/her time and projects with minimum support
- The workload is unpredictable and usually has imposed deadlines therefore the Job Holder must possess excellent organisational skills and the ability to often work under considerable time pressures.
- The Job Holder should have a good working knowledge of System Integration (PLC based systems), with sufficient knowledge of processes within the water industry to commission control systems.
- Ensure Engineering and Design activities meets all national and international standards, Boulting QA, clients requirements and 'best' engineering practice
- PLC / SCADA / HMI configuration, testing and commissioning
- Instrumentation configuration, testing and commissioning
- Network / communication design, configuration and commissioning
- Ensure adherence to quality systems
- Introduce latest developments/practices where appropriate
- HNC/Degree qualified in relevant engineering subject.
- 5yrs min experience in system integration environment.
- Water industry experience highly desirable.
- Siemens PLC family experience highly desirable.
- Legacy PLC experience desirable.
- Profibus and Ethernet, communications experience highly desirable.
- Siemens WinCC SCADA experience desirable
- Siemens HMI experience desirable
- ABB/Siemens drives experience desirable