about 1 month ago
one of the UK's largest multidisciplinary design and build contractors with over 100 years of industry experience. With expertise in supporting blue chip clients in the Water, Power & Energy, Pharmaceutical and Food and Beverage industries they are at the forefront of value-added engineering.
As a leading engineering firm driving the energy transition in the UK,
To undertake the management of projects within the Technology SBU.
Projects ranging in size from £50K to £3m.Volume of projects approximately £1.5m to £5m per year.
The job holder will report to the Operations Manager.
The job holder will liaise closely with the Technology SBU Key Account Managers, Project Managers, Project Engineers, internal staff and clients as necessary to effectively execute the project management function.
The job holder will also liaise with other BGEN Ltd SBUs as required to deliver Group opportunity projects.
The job holder will work on MEICA contracts/projects, typically involving mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, control and automation systems.
- Plan and implement successful project delivery for each given project to a high quality, on time and within budget.
- Assume responsibility for, manage and communicate project commercial performance and programme with senior management, highlighting any concerns.
- Communicate programme and progress with the client, primarily by means of project programmes and other commercial and engineering updates.
- Propose project delivery improvements to increase performance, efficiency and profitability.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered while adhering to Technology quality procedures.
- Manage and co-ordinate sub-contractors and product suppliers effectively.
- To ensure that project design reviews are carried out.
- To have knowledge of current standards and practices in LV Engineering, control and automation industries.
- To inform appropriate Key Account Manager of potential opportunities.
- To evaluate accurately any project early warnings, compensation events and/or variations and communicate them to senior management and clients effectively.
- Effectively manage any project (commercial, technical or contractual) risks and communicate these risks to senior management and other stakeholders.
- When needed, to manage engineering and administrative staff working on projects.
- To assume Health and Safety responsibility for site works associated with projects. This may include complying with the requirements specified in the CDM regulations.
- Good planning, organisational and time management skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent IT skills, including MS Word, MS Excel and MS Project.
- Ability to act on own initiative.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within and outside the organisation.
- Must have good organisational skills.
- Needs to have good communication skills at all levels.
- Must be positive, approachable, willing and helpful.
- Must be commercially aware.
- Must be a good team player.
- Must have an appreciation of electrical installations and control systems including, but not limited to, control panels/MCCs, PLC, SCADA, instrumentation.
- The job holder shall have a willingness to undertake an annual performance 1 to 1 review, to attend and have an active participation in all internal and external training courses.
- ONC/HNC/Degree in electrical, measurement or control engineering or related discipline.
- Good basic education particularly in English language and grammar.
- Project Management skills, APM or Prince 2 practitioner preferred.
- IOSH Managing Safely and CDM principle contractor knowledge/experience preferred.
Job Related Experience
Minimum 2 years project management experience within a medium or large organisation.